Our Masterworks Chorus typically has two semesters of rehearsals per year, each of which culminates in a major concert. Rehearsals typically begin in September (to prepare for a December concert) and in January (to prepare for an April/May concert). For more information on the Masterworks Chorus, click here.
Each December, we host the Annual Handel’s Messiah Sing or Listen event at the Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center in Old Saybrook, CT. This wonderful experience is open to the public – no membership or auditions required. For more information on the Messiah Sing or Listen event, click here.
In the summer months, we co-sponsor a SummerSing series which offers informal opportunities to keep singing and learning. For more details on SummerSings, click here.
We also offer occasional vocal workshops and other events open to the public. For a list of upcoming opportunities to sing with us, click here.
What to Expect
If you’re considering singing with us but haven’t previously, here are some notes on what to expect:
- After registration night, look for your name on the rehearsal sign-in sheets near the entry door to the rehearsal space. Check off you name each night so we know you attended.
- Plan to be in your seat 5 minutes before rehearsal starts, checked in, with your music scores, 2 sharpened pencils and a closed bottled water supply.
- Look up at the Music Director at the beginning and ending of each phrase, even as you read your music. Do not bury your head in the music.
- Please do not wear any perfume, cologne or scented products of any kind at any rehearsal or performance; some members are very sensitive to fragrances.
- Rehearsal aids will generally be made available at the start of each semester. Working on the music between rehearsals will give you more confidence and allow rehearsal time to be used most productively.
- If you need help with anything, just ask any Cappella member – we support each other so we can all have a good time and enjoy singing together! If in doubt about who to ask for a specific topic, you can also reach out to any Board member for help to find the right contact.