- Cappella Cantorum Masterworks Chorus Registration is $40 per concert. Music scores are extra. There are two MasterWorks Chorus productions (December and March/April) performance dates.
- LIFE MEMBERSHIP Life Membership is $1,000 and is fully tax deductible. All Season Membership Dues and Singer Registration Fees waived for life. Special recognition in season program booklet and on website. Secure payment may be made as a lump sum or may be alternately arranged as 10 monthly installments.
GREAT GIFT IDEA! Honor your favorite singer with the gift of making beautiful music! It’s a gift that keeps on giving!
LIFE MEMBERSHIP Lump Sum Option: Enter the full name of the Life Member and then click on the Buy Now button.
LIFE MEMBERSHIP 10-Monthly Installment Option: Enter the full name of the Life Member and then click on the Subscribe button to set up convenient automatic $100 monthly installments securely using your PayPal account. A PayPal account is required for this option. Life Membership status is considered “pending” and becomes official upon completion of all installment payments. During pending status, benefits of Life Membership are received as long as installment payments are current.
If you’re considering singing with us, but haven’t previously, here are some notes of what to expect:
- Plan to be in your seat 5 minutes before rehearsal starts, checked in, with 2 sharpened pencils and a closed bottled water supply.
- Look up at the conductor at the beginning and ending of each phrase, even as you read your music. Do not bury your head in the music. Hold it level.
- Do not wear any perfume, cologne or scented products of any kind at any rehearsal or performance as some members are very sensitive to these fragrances.
- At about mid-point of the rehearsal, we will take a break and enjoy some refreshments and social time.
- For each MasterWorks Chorus semester, a potluck supper will be held at 6PM prior to a rehearsal. You’ll find that Cappella Cantorum members also are a very talented bunch of cooks as well!
- Rehearsals are generally held on Mondays from 7:30PM to 9:30PM at John Winthrop Middle School in Deep River. There will be 1 15 minute break for announcements and refreshments. When the school is closed for holiday or vacation, we generally rehearse at another location, to be determined.
- For each production, members may miss two rehearsals.
- At least one Sunday evening make-up rehearsal will be scheduled for each production.
- If a member misses three regular rehearsals, an audition will be required. Auditions will be arranged with the Music Director and/or the Accompanist.
- If a member has more than three absences, they will be referred to the Music Director for a decision as to whether or not they may participate in the concert performances.
- The first night singer registration is considered a full rehearsal.
- For MasterWorks Chorus productions, attendance is mandatory at the orchestral rehearsal during the week prior to the performance(s).
- It is requested that any member finds they are unable to perform in a concert performance, that they please notify the Membership Director or an officer of the board as soon as possible.
MasterWorks Chorus Concert Performance Dress Policy
- Ladies: black 3/4 sleeve top (available for purchase), black ankle-length skirt, black hosiery, black shoes, simple string of pearls, pearl earrings
- Gentlemen: black tuxedo, plain white shirt, black bow tie, black socks, black shoes