Here it is! It’s LIVE! Our brand new website!!!
Cappella Cantorum, Inc. does not have an office. It operates as a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation out of Post Office Box 714 in Essex, through a network including its founding Music Director, Accompanist, volunteer Board of Directors and singers, making John Winthrop Middle School its “home base” for most rehearsals and most of its MasterWorks Chorus production performances. This keeps our overhead costs very low, but also makes it challenging to connect with you, our audience.
While lacking a traditional “bricks and mortar” type of home of our own, we do have what we consider to be our virtual “front door”, our website: CappellaCantorum.org.
The format for our previous website had been the same simple, flat, one-page-scroll-down format for well over a decade. It provided a place to announce our upcoming concert productions, give some brief history, biographical information and basic contact information…and admittedly, not much more. A decade or so ago, it was a good, typical website. But there’s so much more that we can do with a website these days to connect with our audience, in ways no one could even imagine a decade ago.
So, here we are rolling the proverbial red carpet out our front door to welcome you to our completely redesigned website! Developed by Miranda Creative, Inc. of Norwich, it provides a rich framework to connect with our audience in new ways, and for us, as that network of mostly volunteers (who aren’t exactly website technical experts) to quickly and easily maintain fresh, timely information as well as an archive of our 45-year history of making music.
Here’s what’s happening at time of launch:
- Want to see what we’re up to? Check out our easy to navigate online Calendar of events and featured Current & Upcoming Productions!
- Connecting with us on the go? The new screen-size responsive website design automatically adapts to the device you’re using!
- Want to make advance ticket reservations using your VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express card or PayPal account? All transactions go through PayPal, the most trusted online payments provider!
- Need a gift that’s just right for that not-so-easy-to-buy-for person on your list? A Cappella Cantorum Gift Certificate is always a perfect fit!
- Bringing a larger group of friends to a performance? Arrange for Group Discount Tickets for a group of 10 or more!
- Interested in singing with us? We provide all the information you need to get started with an easy online registration and reservation of music scores…and, of course, no audition needed!
- Want to support our music making? Become a Sponsor!
- Prefer receiving our newsletter by email? Tell us and together we can save some paper and postage!
All this, and it’s just the start! There’s even more planned features and content already underway!
– David C. Nelson, Treasurer
Website Redesign Ad Hoc Committee Chair